Coronavirus: changes to crisis services
Services which offer mental health support in a crisis are open although some are adapting the way they can offer help to people at the moment, because of social distancing guidance.
We are keeping a log of changes to services, below:
Leeds Survivor-Led Crisis Service (LSLCS) - UPDATED 5 April 2020
Due to the current public health crisis, LSLCS has had to make some difficult decisions about service provision. All their services are remaining open, but with some alterations:
- Dial House is open for telephone and Zoom crisis support only, Friday–Monday and Wednesday, 6pm–2am. They are picking up the telephone all night (this is a change from recent practice of only taking referral calls up to 9:30pm). That means, you can call much later at night on 0113 260 9328 and a trained crisis support worker will be able to speak to you for up to one hour. Alternatively text them on 07922 249 452. They are offering video support via Zoom (like Facetime and Skype), also for up to an hour. It's very easy to use. Once you have downloaded it, they do all the technical stuff.
- Dial House@Touchstone is open for telephone crisis support only, to people from BAME groups, Tuesday and Thursday, 6pm–12am. Tel 0113 249 4675 or text 07763 581 853.
- Connect Helpline is open as normal, every night 6pm-2am but is experiencing high demand so a call back cannot be 100% guaranteed every night. Please be patient, they will always do their best to get back to you.
- Teen Connect: open as normal, Mon–Fri 3.30pm–2am; Sat/Sun 6pm–2am. Tel 0808 800 1212 or text 0771 5661559
- Connect BSL Helpline: is open as normal on Monday evenings from 7-11pm. Glide/Text: 07500 870 987 or Skype/FaceTime: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Groups are cancelled until further notice, though group workers will continue to support regular groups users by telephone and other comms.
The Safe Zone service is a partnership with The Market Place, and offers crisis support to 11–17 year olds. At present, it's offering telephone and other support only and is open on Monday, Thursday and Sunday evenings. Call for referrals from 5-8pm; service open from 6-9pm. See more details on The Market Place website or from LSLCS.
Any Dial House/Dial House@Touchstone visitors who feel they'll be really affected by not having access to face-to-face support can email email@example.com. A manager will contact you to talk about alternative ways they can support you through this period of public health crisis.
Well-bean Hope in a Crisis Cafe - UPDATED 6 April 2020
The cafe is open 7 nights a week from 6pm-12am. The service is currently operating all one-to-one support over the phone and face-to-face support via Zoom which can be downloaded free of charge on any android phone. Zoom is like face time or skype, you can download it from the App store/play store for your phone, tablet or computer. (The team can talk you thorough this when you call). The Crisis café staff will assess your needs at the point of referral to the “Touchstone Loves Food Project" if you are unable to access food. If you wish to make a referral please call: Self referral (07760 173476); professional referral (07760 173505). You can find updates about the Well-bean Cafe on the Touchstone website.