Group support for young mums and mums-to-be (under 25 years old) in South Leeds.
YUMs (Young Mums, Tots & Tums) is a fortnightly friendship, social and support group based in Middleton for young mums and mums to be who are 25 and under, living in LS10 and LS11. It’s a space where women can come together and develop strong friendships and peer support networks. It covers different topics each session and many group members have gone on to become volunteers with the group, in other Women’s Health Matters projects and elsewhere.
The project offers:
- lunch for mum and the children
- a chance to become a volunteer or be part of various research or youth involvement projects
- trips out with the children
- the chance to learn new skills and discuss things that matter to you such as breastfeeding, parenting, first aid, managing stress and staying healthy
- sessions with the children such as Reading Matters and Diddi Dance
You can refer yourself via their website or call them for more information.
Facebook: private group. Contact above for invite.