We're committed to making MindWell easy-to-use and accessible to everyone in Leeds.
British Sign Language (BSL)
If you're a British Sign Language (BSL) user it can be difficult to know where to go to get information to support your mental health. MindWell has a section with BSL videos to help you:
- Get support from your GP.
- Get help in a mental health emergency.
- Find peer support and support groups in Leeds.
- Find help as an unpaid carer in Leeds.
- Find organisations in Leeds that support Deaf/deaf people.
More videos and BSL signed information is planned so please keep checking back.
The Sign Health website has a range of BSL signed videos about taking care of your wellbeing and mental health.
We have added digital inclusion software called Browsealoud to our website - making our content more accessible with reading and translation support. This service is free for site users.
Click on the Browsealoud orange icon that appears on every page to launch the support toolbar. It is found on the top right of your screen and shows a headphone image and the letter 'b'.
Browsealoud offers reading and translation support - helping you to access and understand our website better. All the features are accessed from an easy-to-use, floating toolbar – allowing you to drag and drop it anywhere on screen.
How the toolbar works
Click on the icons displayed for different kinds of support. Reading left to right the icons will help you in these ways:
- Finger pointing upwards: allows you to click on or select any text to hear it read aloud.
- Play symbol (triangle pointing right): will read the whole page aloud starting at the top.
- World image: offers written and spoken translations in multiple languages.
- MP3: converts selected text into an MP3 audio file.
- Eye image: blocks distractions on screen with a tinted mask to allow you to focus on the text.
- Magnifying glass with letter A: makes text bigger and reads it out loud.
- Lines of text symbol with a: rrow pointing downwards: removes clutter from the screen, displaying only the main text.
- Settings symbol (cog wheel): customises options to suit individual needs or preferences.
- Question mark: shows a simple help page explaining what each option does.
- Arrows in a cross: lets you can drag and move the toolbar around the screen.
Below is a video to take you through the Browsealoud options in more detail.