We're committed to making MindWell easy-to-use and accessible to everyone in Leeds.
British Sign Language (BSL)
If you're a British Sign Language (BSL) user it can be difficult to know where to go to get information to support your mental health. MindWell has a section with BSL videos to help you:
- Get support from your GP.
- Get help in a mental health emergency.
- Find peer support and support groups in Leeds.
- Find help as an unpaid carer in Leeds.
- Find organisations in Leeds that support Deaf/deaf people.
More videos and BSL signed information is planned so please keep checking back.
The Sign Health website has a range of BSL signed videos about taking care of your wellbeing and mental health.
We have added digital inclusion software called Browsealoud to our website - making our content more accessible with reading and translation support. This service is free for site users.
Click on the Browsealoud image that appears in the top right of your screen to launch the support toolbar. Then simply click on any text to hear it read out loud.
Browsealoud offers reading and translation support - helping you to access and understand our website better. All the features are accessed from an easy-to-use, floating toolbar – allowing you to drag and drop it anywhere on screen.
- Point and read: click on or select any text to hear it read aloud.
- Start from the top: have the whole page read aloud starting at the top.
- Translate to another language: written and spoken translations in multiple languages.
- Convert to MP3: converts selected text into an MP3 audio file.
- Focus on text: blocks distractions on screen with a tinted mask to allow you to focus.
- Enlarge text: magnifies text and reads it out loud.
- Text only view: removes clutter from the screen, displaying only the main text.
- Settings: customise options to suit individual needs or preferences.
- Help with Browsealoud: shows a simple help page explaining what each option does.
- Move Browsealoud: when Browsealoud is open, you can drag it around the screen.
Below is a video to take you through the Browsealoud options in more detail.