MindWell, the mental health website for people in Leeds, is launching a new Christmas toolkit this week as it celebrates reaching 100k users since it was launched in October 2016.
Christmas is meant to be fun and magical but in reality it can be a very challenging time of the year for many people. The #Christmastoolkit brings together information about money worries and debt, how to manage stress and ways to take care of your emotional wellbeing this winter.
Commissioned by Leeds NHS CCG, the innovative website has established itself as a vital resource for people in the city seeking information or support for their mental health. It is also being used by professionals including GPs, practitioners, support workers and employers to help the people they support or care for. You can use MindWell to find:
- Up-to-date information about support and services available from across the NHS in Leeds, Leeds City Council and the third sector.
- Self-help information to help manage common problems like anxiety, depression, panic attacks and stress including videos, downloadable worksheets, coping strategies, tools and techniques.
- Help for what to do in a ‘crisis’ or mental health emergency.
- Support for practical issues such as housing problems or money worries.
- Resources for professionals including referral links and a library of CBT/self-help resources.
MindWell has British Sign Language videos and digital inclusion software called Browsealoud which gives users reading and language support. It can, for example, translate the site into multiple languages, read the site aloud in English and make content more accessible to people with dyslexia, reading difficulties and visual impairments.
MindWell was developed through a city-wide co-design process so that’s simple, friendly and easy-to-use. The site has won a number of accolades including a place on the Digital Leaders 100 list 2017 which celebrates innovations ‘blazing a trail’ in the digital space and a Plain English Award 2017
Organisations in Leeds can order MindWell promotional materials including cards, bookmarks and posters from Leeds Public Health Resource Centre.
Follow the 12 days of #Christmastoolkit campaign on Twitter at @MindWellLeeds #StaywellthisWinter