The person you’re worried about can talk to a GP about their mental health. You can also explore the range of support services available in Leeds including help you can access without a GP referral.

You can speak to their GP surgery and log your concerns, but the GP will not be able to discuss any personal details about their health or care with you.

If your friend or relative has had previous contact with specialist mental health services, ask them if they have a current care plan. The plan should have contact details for the person’s support worker who they can call to discuss and log any concerns.

If you’re worried about someone who is pregnant or a new parent, you can find helpful information in the Pregnancy and becoming a parent section.

How are you feeling?

If you’re supporting someone who is struggling with their mental health – it’s important to be kind to yourself and look after your own physical and mental health. Find some self-care strategies and ways to take care of yourself.