Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) – has a Calm Zone on their website with information and resources on anger. CALM is a charity that runs a confidential, free helpline called Talk to CALM every evening.

Leeds Mind – runs courses, peer support and more. Contact them to find out what support is available locally.

Help with your abusive and violent behaviour

If your anger causes you to act in an abusive or violent way, there are some services you can contact:

  • Respect – an anonymous and confidential helpline for men and women who are harming their partners and families. 
  • SupportLine – offers confidential emotional support to children, young adults and adults by telephone, email and post.
  • The Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) – AVP provides courses to support adults to deal with conflict and reduce the violence in their lives. They run in person, online and hybrid courses throughout the country. 
  • The Freedom Programme – provides online and in-person courses for anyone who wants to change their abusive behaviour.

Parents and carers

If you are a parent or carer of someone who becomes violent or abusive when they are angry, West Yorkshire Police have a list of websites and helplines that can offer support and advice, including:

  • Family lives – provides early intervention and crisis support to families who are struggling. The issues they support families with include family breakdown, challenging relationships and behaviour, debt, and emotional and mental wellbeing.
  • NSPCC – provides services to prevent child abuse, help rebuild children’s lives and support families.
  • Rosalie Ryrie Foundation – provides services to help victims, young people, children and families through domestic abuse, child abuse, violent and aggressive behaviours.
  • Young Minds – provides young people with tools to look after their mental health. They also support parents and professionals who work with young people to help support the young people.

Partners or in a relationship

If you are in a relationship and/or live with someone who becomes violent or abusive towards you, or other people, when they are angry, here are some other services which you can contact for information or support:

  • Galop – the LGBT+ anti-violence charity. Galop supports lesbian, gay, bi, trans and queer people who have experienced hate crime, sexual violence or domestic abuse.
  • Karma Nirvana – provides support to victims (both men and women) and survivors of honour based abuse and forced marriage in the UK.
  • ManKind – provides support to male victims of domestic abuse and violence.
  • Refuge – provides support to women and children who are experiencing or have experienced violence and abuse. They provide support for domestic violence, sexual violence, honour based violence, forced marriage, human trafficking or modern slavery..
  • SupportLine – offers confidential emotional support to children, young adults and adults by telephone, email and post. 

Other useful resources

  • NHSuk – NHS provides support if you’re finding it hard to cope with stress, anxiety or depression.