Many colleges and services in the city offer mindfulness workshops, drop-in groups and courses. Some are free or pay-as-you-feel – others have a weekly or termly cost. There are also mindulness teachers running classes and groups, such as introduction to mindfulness or managing stress using mindfulness techniques. There might have a cost for these courses.
Leeds services offering mindfulness sessions
- Leeds Mental Wellbeing Service offers free online courses, group and face-to-face workshops to help with problems such as stress and anxiety, for people aged 17 and over.
- Leeds Recovery College has courses open to anyone in Leeds who would like to better look after their own wellbeing, work out what keeps them well and find ways to enjoy life more.
- Leeds Mind Peer Support offers a range of support groups, workshops and courses including courses in mindfulness and meditation.
Leeds mindfulness courses or workshops
- Leeds Mindfulness Co-op offers accessible, accredited mindfulness courses in community settings in Leeds and Bradford. Some of their courses are free.
- Swarthmore Education Centre runs a range of courses online and onsite in a friendly, informal environment, from computer skills to art or craft classes, languages to yoga and mindfulness.
- One Life Mindfulness offers 8 week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction courses in person and online. There is a cost for the course, but there may be discounts or payment plans for people on lower incomes. Contact Toby for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free online mindfulness groups
- Frazzled Cafe offers a safe, non-judgemental place for people who are feeling frazzled to meet to talk and share their personal stories. They also offer free 20-minute online mindfulness sessions.
- Leeds Sanctuary runs a Monday Mindfulness group to pause and be fully present at the start of the week. These sessions are run online every Monday by Tim from 12.30pm to 1pm.