There’s so much going on in Leeds, from friendly, informal classes to bigger challenges helping you make career changes. Everyone can find something to interest them, meet their needs and be affordable.
There are even projects offering courses to people living with mental health problems. These supportive groups have subjects ranging from mindfulness and building confidence, to creative or active subjects that give learners a chance to develop their skills and interests.
Classes and workshops are friendly and informal and are welcoming to people of all backgrounds, abilities and interests. There are also courses to help you gain qualifications, develop your career or even change jobs.
You can find lots of learning opportunities in the MindWell Directory:
- Community Centres and Hubs – Community centres and hubs across Leeds often run groups, classes and activities for all ages in their local area.
- Cultural Community College – Cultural Community College run by Slung Low in Holbeck, Leeds, is a place to go and learn, free at the point of use.
- Jamie’s Ministry of Food – Jamie Oliver’s Ministry of Food offers hands-on, practical, fun and friendly cooking course both online and in Leeds Kirkgate Market.
- Leeds Adult Learning – Leeds Adult Learning is a website run by Leeds City Council to help people find courses of all types across Leeds.
- Leeds City College – Leeds City College has courses for adult learners wanting to develop their careers or take steps into something new, including access courses, GCSEs, diplomas and degrees.
- Leeds Libraries – Leeds Libraries has online facilities available free to library members, such as reference websites, ebooks, magazines and audiobooks.
- Leeds Mental Wellbeing Service – LMWS offers free online courses, group and face-to-face psychological therapies and workshops to help with problems such as stress and anxiety, panic attacks and depression, for people aged 17 and over.
- Leeds Recovery College – Leeds Recovery College offers free educational courses that focus on keeping us mentally and physically well.
- Lifelong Learning Centre – Lifelong Learning Centre, University of Leeds supports mature and part time learners to return to education
- Linking Leeds – Linking Leeds is the city-wide social prescribing service for people in Leeds, aged 16 years and over.
- Mentally Healthy Leeds – Mentally Healthy Leeds run groups and activities which aim to bring people together to build confidence, friendships and reduce social isolation.
- Swarthmore Education Centre – Swarthmore Education Centre runs a range of courses online and onsite in a friendly, informal environment, from computer skills to art or craft classes, languages to yoga.
- WEA – runs local courses, just search for Leeds, which can be low cost of free of charge for people on low incomes
Feeling creative? Fancy joining a group or having a go at a class or workshop?
- Creative groups and activities in Leeds – You can find a wide range of organisations in Leeds that can help you to enjoy arts activities, events, workshops and classes.