Take a step towards prioritising your mental wellbeing and explore the diverse range of wellbeing groups and activities available online or in your local community.
Let us know if you spot any activities that are no longer running or that should be added and we’ll update our list!
Please note that groups and activities might pause for the festive holidays, have special events scheduled, or not run in December and return in the New Year. Always follow the links given or contact them to make sure before you go.
City-wide and online
- 100% Digital Leeds – a Leeds City Council initiative working to ensure that everyone in Leeds has equal opportunity to use digital tools, technology, and services, in the right way for them. For the the latest digital inclusion events and training opportunities, follow 100% Digital Leeds on Eventbrite.
- Being You Leeds provides groups, activities and training and awareness sessions for community wellbeing across Leeds.
- Better Together provide community groups and activities to help address health inequalities, reduce isolation, and improve physical health and wellbeing. Download the full list of activities for October to December 2023.
- Dementia friendly activities in Leeds – find out about dementia friendly social and activity groups across Leeds.
- Feel Good Factor – Feel Good Factor run weekly activity and social groups including warm spaces, gardening groups, men’s groups, deaf BSL wellbeing group and socials. Contact 0113 350 4200 or email email@example.com.
- Forum Central – visit Forum Central’s website for all the latest event opportunities from Forum Central and other organisations for Leeds’s health and care sector.
- Leeds Sanctuary – Monday Mindfulness runs every Monday lunchtime online at 12.30 pm. It’s a space where people can pause, be attentive to themselves and process their feelings. Sessions are run by a qualified mindfulness teacher and are free of charge. Please register on the Leeds Sanctuary website for the Zoom details.
- Let’s Unlock – what’s on for men in Leeds – find information about health and wellbeing groups and activities for men across Leeds. Look out for the Leeds Unlocked zine appearing in hubs, libraries, GP surgeries and community centres or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want a copy.
- Mafwa Theatre – a creative theatre group for refugees, asylum seekers and settled communities in Leeds. Their Kuluhenna drama workshops for women run on Thursdays mornings and their Lincoln Greeners gardening group (for anyone) on Tuesday mornings.
- MenoPause for Thought from Groundwork Yorkshire – a mixture of online and in-person menopause sessions. Venues are across the Outer South Leeds, including White Rose shopping centre, Greenside Methodist Church and Christ Church Lofthouse area. The sessions will run until March 2024. Find out more: email email@example.com or book MenoPause for Thought sessions using Eventbrite.
- Mental Health Mates Leeds – Mental Health Mates Leeds runs monthly Saturday walks at Roundhay park, city centre walks and other visits, as well as online chats. Visit Mental Health Mates for more information about groups around the UK or follow @mentalhealthmatesleeds on Instagram to keep up-to-date with the Leeds group.
- Peer Support Plus – Tuesday evening online peer facilitated support group, from 6.30pm on Zoom. Find out more about the group on their website and contact Peer Support Plus to attend: email firstname.lastname@example.org. Find dates for upcoming meetings on the their calendar.
LS6, LS7, LS8, LS16, LS17, LS21, LS22, LS23
- Joyful Drama Group – a free, friendly drama group on Thursdays from 10.00am to 12 noon pm at the Heart Centre, Bennett Road, Headingley LS6 3HN. Run by Carers Leeds and Fall into Place Theatre, the group has ‘pop-along’ drama sessions for the chance to try something new and fun in a friendly setting. There’s no pressure to perform, you can just come when you can and enjoy the fun! If you’d like to go along and see if drama might be for you, you can email email@example.com to sign up and to ask about access or transport.
- Neuro Dance Exercise Class – this is a low-medium impact class with seated and standing options which is suitable for people with movement disorders such Parkinson’s and MS on Tuesdays from 1.30pm to 2.30pm at St Chad’s Parish Centre.
- Peer Support Plus – Wednesday afternoon peer facilitated support group, at Lovell Park Hub, LS7 1DX, from from 1.30pm. Find out more about the group on their website and contact Peer Support Plus to attend: email firstname.lastname@example.org. Find dates for upcoming meetings on the their calendar.
- Pram in the Park – a six week led walk with prams/buggies at Potternewton Park, LS7. Thursdays at 10.30am, starting 5 October 2023. No booking needed, just show up post six week check-up. Contact Victoria.email@example.com for more details.
- Shore-Up Social Club – a social club that meets on the last Saturday of every month from 2pm to 4pm.
- Sunday Friendly Mixed Social Tennis – weekly on Sundays from 2:30pm at The Tennis Courts, Roundhay Park, LS8 2ER. Find out more: search on MeetUp for Sunday Friendly Mixed Social Tennis at Roundhay Park Leeds.
- The Old Fire Station – is a multipurpose community hub. It houses six charities, rooms available to hire, a cookery school, a cafe and various groups and courses to promote mental health and wellbeing See their What’s On information page or get in touch to find out more, call 0113 213 6813 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LS4, LS5, LS12, LS13, LS18, LS19, LS20, LS28
- Board games in Horsforth – a monthly Autism friendly and inclusive board games session meets on the first Tuesday of the month from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm at St Margaret’s Parish Church Centre, Horsforth, LS18 5LA. The group is free to attend and refreshments are available. Run by Cards or Die Board Gaming, you can find out more on their Facebook page or by emailing email@example.com.
- Hookers and Clickers – knitting and crochet for charity projects, they hold regular meet-ups at KVDT, St Stephen’s Church, Norman Street, Kirkstall, LS5 3JN, usually Wednesdays from 10.00 am to 1.30 pm. Follow them on Facebook @hookclickforcharity for updates.
- New Wortley Community Centre has a variety of free wellbeing and social activities from Monday to Friday, including a creative arts workshop, men’s activities group, women’s activity group, writing group, dance classes, yoga and relaxation, creative cooking course, walking group and a cultural café. You can find out more on their website or view their timetable for activity times. If you have any questions or to book your place, contact reception on 0113 2793 466 or email Miranda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Affordable Art Class – starts in September at Fairfield Community Centre, Fairfield Terrace, Leeds LS13 3DQ. This free art class will be on Fridays from 1 pm to 3 pm and is for anyone who lives in West Leeds and is interested in drawing and painting in a relaxed environment. You can find out more on @CentreFairfield on Twitter. Book early, don’t miss out! Email: email@example.com.
- The Highrise Project – offers a range of inclusive and accessible social and wellbeing events, including group drawing, doodling, and digital art classes. Edek’s Doodle Chat is a space to talk, get creative and support each other. Everyone welcome. Tuesdays 2pm to 4pm. See website timetable for full details and other creative sessions.
LS1, LS2, LS3, LS11
- Coffee and cake drop-in with Out Together LGBT+ at Flamingos Coffee House, Central Arcade, LS1 6DX, Wednesdays from 10.30 am to 12 noon. Out Together creates communities for older LGBT+ people. Keep up-to-date on their website or social media.
- Leeds Angels Football – Angels of Freedom are working with the Leeds United Foundation to deliver free LGBT+ weekly fitness through football sessions, on Saturdays from 11am to 12 noon at Powerleague Central Leeds, Wellington Bridge Street LS3 1LW. All experience and fitness levels welcome, including absolute beginners. Sessions are non-competitive and focused on fitness and fun. No booking required, just turn up on the day. More information from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mall walking at White Rose Centre – a great way to exercise in a safe, warm and dry environment, make new friends and have fun at the same time. The White Rose Centre Mall Walking takes place from 9.00am to 10.00am on weekdays, when the centre is closed to shoppers. Benefits include improved health, the opportunity to walk whatever the weather, meeting like-minded people, discount vouchers and two coffee mornings a year with raffles and free refreshments. Walk this way and call at the Customer Service Centre located on the lower level next to New Look to register – explore the centre’s map if you’re not sure.
- Meet & Make – Meet & Make run adult only sessions inspired by Leeds Art Gallery current exhibitions and displays and offer a space to be playful and creative. Drop-in sessions run every Friday from 1.30pm to 3pm.
- Saturday Sanctuary – Leeds Sanctuary’s monthly relaxed space to start your weekend, with newspapers and board games, and free tea, coffee and pastries. It’s a chance to meet your neighbours in the Dock area, from 10.00 am to 12 noon at The Glass Box, Leeds Dock, LS10 1PZ. Visit their website for upcoming dates.
- Social Over Soup at Age UK Leeds – launches on 31st October 2023, the SOS (Social Over Soup) is free for peple aged over 50 in Leeds. Go along to enjoy a hot bowl of soup, meet new people and enjoy a natter. It’s held on Tuesdays from 12.30pm at the Age UK Leeds community hub, just at the side of the St John’s Centre. No need to book, just go along and a warm welcome will be waiting! Contact Age UK Leeds for information about their activities: call 0113 389 3000 or email email@example.com.
- Wellbeing Walks – join Leeds Santuary for fresh air and exercise in the middle of your day, walking whatever the weather! Come solo or with your team, share lunch together. On Thursdays, from 12.30pm to 1.30pm, meeting in Armouries Square and end up in Fearns. Wellbeing Walks are for anyone who lives and/or works in the Leeds Dock area. Find a list of upcoming dates on their website.
LS10, LS11, LS12, LS26, LS27
- South Leeds Community Kitchen – this community kitchen launched in St. Luke’s Church, Holbeck in May 2023 and will be open on the second Sunday of every month from 4pm to 5.45pm. There’s free, nutritious, hot food, board games, toys for kids and friendly faces to chat to. They serve gluten-free/halal/vegan options also and the meals are family-friendly, with a different theme every month. There’s no referral system required, just drop in and join in!
LS9, LS14, LS15, LS25, LS24, LS25
- Big Club Fitness – community gym-based session with direction for beginners, catered to bigger bodies. No experience needed and one-to-one support offered. Meets on Thursdays from 10.00am to 11.00am at the Denis Healey Centre, LS14 6RD. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Chapel FM Writing Group – in-person and onlline, come and explore your love for poetry, stories and spoken word in a supportive and creative environment. No previous writing experience needed. The group meets on Wednesdays from 1.00pm to 2.30pm at Chapel FM Arts Centre, LS14 6JB. Email email@example.com for more details.
- East Leeds Men’s Art Group – a space to get creative for men at Nowell Mount Community Centre, Nowell Mount, Harehills LS9 6HR. Run by the East Leeds Project, no art experience is needed to join this relaxed and friendly group – just turn up! Meets on Thursday from 11.00am to 1.00pm, art materials are provided and lunch is included. For more information, call: 07946 870 117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kuluhenna Drama workshops – this women’s only group meets every Thursday morning at 10.30am to 12 noon at the Anglers Club, Nippet Lane, Leeds, LS9 7TB. Come along to make friends, have fun and develop your acting skills. All workshops are free to attend and everyone is welcome. A crèche is also available.
- Men’s Pie Club – this men only group runs weekly on Thursdays from 3.00pm to 5.00pm at Wykebeck Day Centre, Wykebeck Valley Road, Leeds LS9 6NR. The club offers a pie, cup of tea and a chat. Men’s Pie Club believes in talking, looking out for each other – and pie! Call 07925 575 961 or email email@example.com for more details. Please complete the online form to book your place. Look out for more clubs starting in Leeds soon.
- Mind, Body and Soul women’s group – from Space2 runs weekly on Wednesdays from 10.00am at Space2, The Old Workshop, Gipton Approach, Leeds LS9 6NL. This women’s group will offer the chance to build confidence, learn new skills and create art. Contact Jelena to join or find out more: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 320 0159. Download a flyer for more details.
- Norwell Mount Community Group – join the Facebook page to find out about latest events at Nowell Mount Community Center, Harehills, Leeds LS9 6JJ.
- Seacroft Craftivists – run by Climate Action Seacroft, the group uses crafts and gentle words to protest and raise awareness. They meet on Thursdays from 11.00am to 1.00pm at Chapel FM Arts Centre, LS14 6JB. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Seacroft Wellbeing Warriors – wellness/wellbeing group that’s a safe and supportive space where you can explore a variety of topics related to self-improvement and personal growth.They meet on Mondays from 1.00pm to 2.30pm at LS14 Trust, LS14 1BT. Find out more: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Squad – at Leeds Society for Deaf and Blind People, runs every two weeks on Saturdays from 1.00pm to 4.00p at The Centre, St Mary’s Street, LS9 7DP. It’s a fun group, led by ideas from members. Contact Christine for more information: email email@example.com or text 07721 422 261.
- Space2 – Space2 is an award winning arts and social change charity, based in inner East Leeds. Find out what’s on by viewing their timetable.
- Strega Running Club – is a dedicated women’s-only running community based in Leeds LS9, offering a secure and encouraging environment for local women to enjoy in outdoor exercise. The club focuses on physical fitness, social connections and promoting overall wellbeing. They aim to empower women of all ages and fitness levels, with weekly running sessions, monthly social gatherings and occasional walking activities. Find out more on their Instagram page @stregarunning.
- Temple Newsam Tea and Talk Club – join the club on the last Wednesday of every month at 11am to 12 noon for an hour of sociable history in the stunning surroundings of Temple Newsam House. A talk will be delivered by an expert member of staff and refreshments will be provided. There’s no need to book ahead, just drop-in and the sessions are completely free.
- Wellbeing Wednesdays at Leeds Art Gallery – participate in creative activities to make artwork in response to artworks on display. All the materials are free and provided. The sessions run from 11.30am to 2.30pm, each Wednesday during term time.
- Women’s health and retreat – a women’s only wellbeing group that meets every Monday between 10am and 1pm at Hamara Healthy Living Centre, Tempest Rd, Leeds LS11 6RD. Activities include arts and crafts, mindfulness activities, stress management, improving English skills and more. For more information call 011 277 3330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creative groups and activities
You can find a wide range of organisations in Leeds that can help you to enjoy arts activities, events, workshops and classes.
Outdoor groups and activities
There are also gardening and allotment groups around Leeds, which encourage people to get together to grow and nuture plants, develop their garden care skills, get some exercise and have a chat.
Peer support groups
Peer support brings together people with similar experiences so that they can help and support each other. Joining a support group can help you to develop effective ways of coping in a safe, friendly and supportive space.