Join us on a quick tour through the website and find ways to look after your wellbeing.
If you sometimes feel like the world is full of bad news, or stress and worry are keeping you up at night, you’re not alone. But the good news is you’re never too far from help.
MindWell is a one-stop place for information, resources and links to help people in Leeds look after their mental health and wellbeing.
We believe in making mental health support accessible and straightforward. To get started, explore these key areas:
(Top tip! Bookmark this blog or your favourite pages to easily find them again later. Or find what you need in our A to Z.)
Explore your mental health
Learn more about common mental health issues, including ways to tackle problems and where to find support:
- in-depth information about issues like stress, worry, feeling down, sleep problems and more
- self-help resources to download and print
- where to find local support
How life experiences can affect us
Many events in our lives can affect our wellbeing and mental health. It’s normal to need time or ask for help when we’re dealing with stressful situations. Find help for:
- cost of living, debt and money worries, benefits issues
- housing and homelessness
- bereavement and loss
- caring for someone
- work issues, stress and feeling pressure
- pregnancy and becoming a parent
- childhood abuse
Looking after your wellbeing
For anyone feeling overwhelmed with stress or worry or experiencing low mood, there are lots of positive things you can do to help:
- from mindfulness to relaxation techniques
- quick self-help strategies
- links to physical health resources, including diet, sleep, exercise and alcohol reduction
- tips for enjoying nature, ways to connect with other people, ideas for creativity and keeping learning, ways to spread kindness and be kind to yourself, a sensory comfort kit and lots more
- join a regular wellbeing group
Whatever your situation, you’re not alone. On MindWell you can:
- find local groups, online support, or someone to call
- search our directory of local and national services by category
- find services to contact when you need urgent help
Remember, stress is an everyday part of life and many of us experience worry or low mood. But with the right information and support, you can start to make small changes to feel better.
That’s a quick tour of how MindWell can help you find what you need to feel better. Join us next month for Part 2 of this blog series, when we’ll talk about how you can help others too!
Keep up to date
If you enjoyed this story, subscribe to our monthly newsletter to read more about:
- news and blogs
- content updates
- engagement opportunities including volunteering, workshops and events
- new resources
- website developments