If you’ve self-harmed and this is serious enough to need immediate medical attention – go to the A & E department at your local hospital.

If you’ve self-harmed and need to treat a minor wound, you can:

  • Get advice about treating the wound at home on NHS.uk.
  • Or, if you’re unable to apply first aid, you can see a GP or go to an NHS walk-in centre. Advice is also available by calling NHS 111 (free, open 24 hours a day) – a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals, will ask you a series of questions and tell you what to do.

If you’re self-harming, it’s important to know that information and support is available.