It’s important to register with a local GP. You can talk to a GP about your mental health as well as your physical health – around one third of all GP appointments are related to mental health.

You can also contact your university/college student wellbeing or safeguarding team to discuss support for your mental health.

A person texting on a mobile phone. They have a mid skin tone and pink hair in an asymmetrical cut.

The mental health, wellbeing and bereavement services featured on MindWell can be accessed by students in Leeds (subject to service criteria). You may need to register with a Leeds GP to access some services.

This includes Leeds Mental Wellbeing Service which offers support and psychological therapies for common problems like anxiety, stress, panic attacks and depression. You can self-refer to this service through the service website:

How to find help in a mental health crisis

Click on Need urgent help? from any page on MindWell to find services that can support you in a crisis. There’s always someone to talk to.

You can also download our crisis sheet to find help if you, or someone you are worried about, is having a mental health emergency. Keep a copy folded in your bag, or, download it to your phone.

Helpful links