The MindWell Directory has quick links to a wide range of local and national services that support people’s mental health. Services in the directory can be accessed by self-referral including:
Mental health support
- Alcohol and drugs services
- Aspire – Aspire is the Leeds Early Intervention in Psychosis Service, providing support to people aged 14 to 65 who are, or may be, experiencing their first episode of psychosis. They can support families and friends as well.
- Leeds Healthy Minds – Leeds Healthy Minds offers some short-term mental health support and signposting to onward support where necessary. Service is open to a group of GP practices in Leeds.
- Leeds Mental Wellbeing Service (LMWS) – LMWS offers free online courses, group and face-to-face psychological therapies and workshops to help with problems such as stress and anxiety, panic attacks and depression, for people aged 17 and over.
- Leeds Recovery College – Leeds Recovery College offers free educational courses that focus on keeping us mentally and physically well.
- Linking Leeds (social prescribing service) – Linking Leeds is the city-wide social prescribing service for people in Leeds, aged 16 years and over.
- Live Well Leeds – Community-based mental health support for people in Leeds aged 18 and over who have mild to moderate mental health support needs.
- Support in a mental health crisis – To get information about different support options in Leeds.
- The Market Place – The Market Place offers services to young people in Leeds aged 13 to 25 years old for mental health and sexual health. All services are free and confidential.
Emotional wellbeing support for:
- Asylum seekers, refugees and migrant workers
- LGBT+ communities
- New parents
- Older people
- Young people
Support for life events:
- Bereavement support
- Childhood abuse
- Domestic abuse
- Housing and homelessness
- Money and benefits
- Relationship problems
- Sexual violence
- Work issues
Other support options
- Advice and infolines
- Counselling services – Counselling involves discussing personal experiences and issues with a person who is trained to listen in a safe and confidential place.
- Courses and classes
- Creative groups and activities
- Digital tools and platforms
- Emotional and practical support (local)
- Emotional and practical support (national)
- Exercise groups
- Outdoor and gardening groups
- Peer support and support groups